A quick round up of the ever evolving Google Places service, on April 3rd Google launched a new look & feel for their Google places dashboard in the US –
What does it mean for you?
What if you are an existing Google Placesfor Business user?
The advice from Google currently is to sit tight, the update currently only affects new users only. The update will be rolling out to existing Google Places users soon.
The Key Benefits:
– Edits will go live faster.
– Improved insights & metrics.
– Updated interface to make editing easier.
What should I be aware of?
– This is a phased rollout – there are many changes still to come.
– Currently only available to new profiles in the US – once the US is complete other territories will rollout.
– Changes made here should update on Google+ Local pages faster. Google is placing more emphasis on this data to feed into the Google+ page.
The Worst Part?
– The verification process still the same – a big thumbs down here from around the web!!!