Pinpoint precision for business
Local SEO stats
Google My Business, an effective way to be found!
Let’s start with some simple statistics, they illustrate the power of a Google My Business local SEO presence:
- Approximately 46% of all searches include location.
- Roughly 97% of people who use online search, look for local businesses.
- 40% of small businesses outsource all or some of their local SEO operations.
- Some 76% of consumers use voice search to look for local businesses at least once weekly.
- 28% of local searches result in a purchase.
- Approximately 78% of mobile local searches prompt an offline purchase.
A Google Business campaign with HookedOnMedia doesn’t need to be long or expensive. We can get your Google Business Page setup within a few days and we recommend a 4 month campaign to ensure you are listed on all the major citation websites which will increase your local rankings.
Let us, the experts manage your google business profile
Local, relevant, accessible
You can gain exposure in Google via a Business Listing, even if you do not have a website yourself. They key is to gain rankings within ‘the Local Pack’ which appears at the top of search engine results (for the more popular search terms) when a user makes a search query with local intent.
It’s worth noting that the Business Profile rankings use a different algorithm to organic rankings, although there are similarities. This is a very important consideration.
For example, [Your Service] might be a carpenter, electrician, hypnotherapist, counsellor, accountant, nutritionist, AV specialist and so on. In simples terms, when someone types or says their search term it works like this:
[Your Service] near me
[Your Service] + location name
So a real example might be:
Zip wire near me
Zip wire Cornwall
The search usually provides 3 Google Business results, and once clicked will open a new page to show more profile details and a map location. Below the ‘Local Pack’ there is a button to view more business listings. Here are some examples:
Creating and optimising the Google Business Page
Improving your business profile
We can create your Google Business Page, or optimise one if already live. There are specific points that need to be addressed, including correct names, descriptions, categories, images and more to gain rankings.
Gaining as many reviews as possible is essential, it creates customer trust and confidence, and reviews are also a strong ranking factor. We cannot physically write the reviews, as they must be natural, but we can put measures and procedures in place to help you gain, manage, and excel your reviews.
Having your name, address and phone number (NAP) accurately and consistent across the internet, including mentions in posts, social channels and local and national directories is a key part to increase your local pack rankings. We have the tools that will identify any inconsistent or wrong details within your address across all the major directories. We can then fix and add your Business listing to many other directories and websites.
Having your business name and address across as many high profile sites as possible will provide Google with accurate address details, and also indicate you are a real and trusted business.
Rebranding or moving location?
We can also help you to successfully change your Business Page if you decide to rebrand, change name or change address. This may look a simple task, but valuable data such as reviews and rankings can be lost if implemented incorrectly.
And finally, important Local SEO points to consider
Location, location, location matters!
Proximity plays are large part with Google Business rankings…
- If your business is a few miles outside of a City, the chances of showing within the top 3 local pack results will be slim.
- This is all based on location and competition, so some terms may be possible to rank, but others impossible.
- If you are near the centre point of a City or Town it becomes a lot more achievable to rank in the top 3 and possible in 1st position with the local pack.
- Being top in the local pack, will be more rewarding than being top within the organic results. But having top positions in both the local pack and organic results is the goal.
- With mobile becoming much more popular for searches, it is also more usable for Google Maps, compared to a desktop or tablet.
- Typed searches or speech into mobiles is more relevant for local search and Google Business. For example, on a mobile typing is more lazy, so shorter search terms are used, eg ‘plumber’, but with speech on mobile and other devices which serve local results such as Google Home, Alexa and Siri, long tail phrases are used. For example, ‘Alexa, is there a plumber near me that can fix my leaking tap’!
We can discuss your project and your digital marketing requirements during a free no-obligation call. Simply select a convenient date and time and we’ll look forward to speaking with you.
Useful digital media resources
The Penguin Causes A Flap Google, the world famous search giant, has introduced a number of algorithm changes designed to push sites adopting black […]